Authentic Local Cooking Party and Learning Traditional Weaving. Visit a traditional village in the Pasang district of Lamphun Province
This village has maintained their traditions from more than 200 years ago. After arriving in the village, We will take a 30 minute bicycle trip through the village to the temple. Some of the bicycles have seats in the back for those not wanting to bicycle on their own. After this short trip we will begin our Cooking Party. You will learn how to cook authentic local food with Yorng ladies in a traditional Yorng house. After cooking, We will have lunch and talk together.
After lunch, We will bike to the home of Mae Malee (“Mother Malee”), Who is a master weaver, where she will demonstrate the 12 steps of the traditional weaving process. Next, It’s your turn to show your skill! You will prepare the yarn and weave a simple cotton sheet. There are single looms for one person and “Lovers’ Looms for two persons. Of course, you can keep your cotton sheet as a souvenir.
8.00 – 8.30 am : Pick up time from your hotel.
10.00 am. : Arrive Mea Malee House,. Pick up bicycles for tour around the village. Stop at
traditional YORNG house and start cooking there. Teacher will explain about
ingredients, technique, method how to cook local food.
Noon : Take a lunch together (Northern style lunch).
Afternoon, We will learn about how to weave using hand loom. Observe and then
prepare the yarn. Learn and get pleasure from weaving cotton step by step with a
16:00 p.m : Back to Chiangmai City.
*** Special visit biggest Local market available only Saturday. ****
Included in the program:
- Drinking water. – Lunch.
- The woven cotton sheet can be brought back. – English speaking Guide.
- Transportation by Van or A/C Car. – Travel Accident insurance.
Tour Excludes :
- Other optional meals than mentioned in program.
- Personal expenses.
- Alcohol Drinks, Soda , Sparking water.
Tour Price : Minimum 2 person and Maximum 9 person / van
Private Trip : 3,550 THB / person Join Trip : 2,590 THB / person
- Child below 4 year old free of charge.
- Child half price will be applied with children 5 -10 year old and no higher than 120 cm.
- 11 year old up or higher than 120 cm. consider as an adult price.
- Because we would like to show our authentic food we will not change flavor for tourist.
- Food allergy information : some food have the following ingredient; Soy sauce, Shrimp paste, Gluten, Pork, Fermented fish. Please inform us before trip start.
- Not suitable for Halal and Vegan diets.
- Clothing for entry to temple should cover shoulder and knees.